Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Checking In....

Things have been pretty crazy at the Smith's the past few weeks. Just wanted to highlight a couple things, I will catch the blog up with some things SOON! Promise.....

- The kid's are back in school. Juliana is in 3rd grade this year and Jackson started Kindergarten. They are doing well and loving their teachers and activities. Juliana is playing soccer now and Jackson is playing baseball.

- My couponing got a little out of control during the summer so two weekends ago, I had a garage sale with some of the items and made enough to get the kid's a trampoline for the yard and a gym membership for myself. Who says clipping those coupons doesn't pay off???

- Speaking of getting back to the gym. I went to the doctor last week and had some more x-rays. Turns out my foot was all healed and I am no longer in the orthopedic boot. I can wear normal shoes and don't have to go to the orthopedist any more. The doctor just cautioned me to not hike or do anything high impact for 6 more weeks. Can't wait to get back to the gym. Don't miss that boot at all!!!

- Jackson had a birthday last week. He turned the big 6. We celebrated by going to eat dinner at Wendy's. He also had his party at Main Event, a bowling alley/arcade here in town. It was a lot of fun and he loves all his presents.

- Our ward's primary program is coming up in two weeks so I've been really busy trying to organize that. I've also been volunteering at school on Friday's in the library and am helping with Book Fair. It's a lot of fun to see the kid's at school and the other kid's we know from sports and church there.

- One last thing I wanted to write about is an experience I had over the weekend...... Saturday I was pulling out of a parking spot at Walgreens and hit a car in the parking lot. The guy was really nice and understood that accidents happen, etc. I was upset with myself, of course. The guy and I exchanged insurance information, etc. My bumper dented in on the corner and the guy's car was scratched pretty good. Anyway, Gerrit and I filed a claim and took our car in to get fixed today. We got home this afternoon to an amazing message. The guy from the parking lot called and said he had thought about it a lot and decided to not file any claims or persue and damages on his part. I couldn't beleive it!!!! What a great guy! He said he understood that accidents happen and since his car was not dented, only scratched, it wasn't worth his time to persue. I am so thankful that there are nice people left in the world we live in. Things like this help to restore my faith in people. So many people out there try to get the most they can from situations like this and here is this guy who says, "it's okay, accidents happen. No worries!" I am so thankful.

- We hope you all are having a great autumn and are gearing up for a great Holiday Season. I will update with pictures soon.

Stacy

2 comments:

  1. Wow - That's great that he was so understanding! There is definitely a lot of decent people left in the world! Good to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update! Wow, you are a very busy mom! I love your story about the accident. Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete