Wednesday, January 5, 2011

San Antonio - River Walk

The second day of our vacation was a little ominous. We thought the rain was going to hold out for a while so we headed down to the River Walk. We had a lot of fun despite the weather!
The Alamo. I always pictured the Alamo being out in the middle of nowhere. I was wrong. It's smack dab in downtown San Antonio. Pretty funny!
The kid's and I in front of the Alamo.

Juliana and Jackson looking for refuge.
Pretty fountains on our way down to the River Walk.
Cool glass ornament.
The River Walk. We went at the right time. Every January they drain the river and clean it out. Our tour guide on the boat said they find cell phones, keys, trash, clothing, etc., etc., etc.
Juliana on the boat. Ready to go, no rain!
Jackson's ready!
One of the tallest buildings in San Antonio. However, it had to be built so that it would not cast a shadow over the Alamo. It is a law that no building can cast a shadow over a national war memorial.
Cool architecture.
San Antonio's 'space needle'. It is actually higher than the one in Seattle, WA. It is the second highest in the US, next to the one in Las Vegas. Cool fact. Thanks to the boat guide for sharing.
I took this picture for my dear friend Laurie! It's her favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment