Sunday, June 17, 2012

Finding time for ME!!!

Many of you may know that I've been on a weight loss journey this year.  January 17, I started Weight Watchers.  I tried WW last year and had a little success but it didn't stick and I gained more weight in the process.  This time I decided to go all out.  I decided to go to WW meetings as well as online tracking.  It made all the difference.  I have gone every Tuesday and only had 2 weeks where I stayed the same or gained a little bit.  I also started a workout program called Turbo Fire.  It is part of the Beach Body series.  It was 20 weeks long and I did it 6 days a week for all 20 weeks. I feel so empowered and so much more in control than I've ever been.  I'm making healthy choices and sticking with it.  I don't feel deprived at all.  I have grown stronger and feel so much better about myself. I'm not saying I don't have cravings for bad stuff anymore, I do, I just feel I can manage it better than before.  I still have a long way to go but wanted to share my 20 week results with everyone.

BEFORE
January 1, 2012 - holding my nephew Max before church.  (This is one of the only pictures of me the whole time because obviously I didn't like my picture taken.)

AFTER
June 11, 2012 - Lost 40.2 lbs and 33 total inches from my bust,waist,hips,arms and thighs.

I just started a new workout program called INSANITY!!! I completed week one and have a love/hate relationship with Shaun T.  This program is 9 weeks long.  I'll post an update when it's completed. 

Some milestones from the first 20 weeks:
Being able to run a mile without stopping, then, two weeks later, running 2 1/2 without stopping. 
Two sizes smaller and buying new clothes in the regular women's departmen.  Not more "W" on my tags.  :)
Not feeling tired and run down.  

6 comments:

  1. Stacy, you are a rock star! You look fantastic!! I am so happy for you! Thanks for all of the support you've shown me. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks steph! You inspire me also!I couldn't have done it without you.

      Delete
  2. Yea! That's amazing!! I've seen the insanity commercial and it really does look insane!! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know. It's very fast paced and I like it so far.

      Delete
  3. I know it probably doesn't mean much, but gosh, Aunt Stacy - I am SO proud of you!!!!! I am amazed by your willpower, hard work, and willingness to empower yourself and move forward with your goals. Isn't WW amazing? It's been my personal saving grace on the health front. I am now running 5K races and have lost 40 lbs total - hurray for empowering ourselves!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Rock!!!! Keep up the good work. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete