October 7, my "baby" boy turned 8 years old. Here are some things I love about the boy he has become....
1. He is empathetic. If he sees someone who is sick, hurting or down trodden, he always wants to help.
2. He is a debator. This is not always the greatest thing, however, I love the way he stands up for what he believes in and tries to find "loopholes" to get what he wants. It's frustrating and fascinating.
3. His sense of humor. An example: I was quizzing Jackson on his challenge spelling words a couple weeks ago and I realized he didn't know them yet. I told him to go write each word 3 times each and come back after he studied. He didn't like that very much and stormed away. He came back a little later with his paper where he had written the words as I'd asked and asked that I quiz him again. When I got past his challenge words, he had written something extra. He wrote "You're mean mom" 3x as well. That to me is sarcasm at its finest.
4. He is smart and a good student.
5. He is dedicated and wants to always do his best.
We love Jackson and are so happy to have him in our family. We are so excited for this special birthday and the opportunity he has to be baptized in November. We love you Jackson.
We started the day with birthday donuts and presents. Jackson actually celebrated his birthday by going out to eat and going to see Hotel Transylvania the Friday before but wanted to wait until his real birthday to open presents.
We give the kids the choice to have a birthday party with friends or get a "big" present. As they have gotten older, they've opted for the present option.
Jackson drinking his hot chocolate. He loves Hot Chocolate.


No comments:
Post a Comment