
Well, let me begin by saying this WAS NOT the best day ever. It started out pretty well. Kids ready to go, check. Juliana dropped off at soccer camp, check. Jackson buckled in the car, check. Stacy walks around car to get in, not so great. While walking around the back of my car I tripped and heard a pop in my foot. I thought, "okay, I must have turned it the wrong way, the pain will go away in a minute." Got in the car and asked Jackson which gym he wanted to go to that day and started driving on. It didn't take long before I realized I wouldn't be going to the gym that day. I got home and the pain would not go away. After calling a great friend, she got me to the Emergency Room and x-rays confirmed my 5th metatarsal was fractured! So, they splinted it up and sent me home. A trip to the orthopedist the next day confirmed and I got a boot to walk in for 8 weeks. After my pity party, I realized it wasn't so bad...I broke my left foot so I could still drive a car. I got a boot so I could still walk, with no crutches. I still don't know what the outcome will be. I am using a bone growth stimulator twice a day and go back for my six week check up next week. Hopefully there will be healing and I will not hear the word surgery!
The kids were so sweet. Even though they were extremely worried, they made casts for themselves out of their blankies. Love them so much!!! They always know how to make me smile. One of the ironic things about all of this is I was dreading summer vacation. I just knew the kids were going to fight all the time and it was going to be long. However, we were actually having a great summer. Swimming every day, lounging by the pool, going to the gym and other activities. Then....this!!! I'm sure it will be a summer to remember!
How sweet that the kids would wrap their feet up!! They love their mommy. I hope you get great news next week!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'll keep ya posted!
ReplyDelete