I've always told Juliana that we would get her ear's pierced when she was ready. Up until a few months ago, she pretty much said she would never get her ear's pierced. Fast forward to the start of 4th grade. About a week into school starting, she got in the car one afternoon and said she was ready to get her ears pierced. I said that was fine but we would have to check with the soccer coach to see if she could play soccer with earrings, as the rule is they have to remove them on the field. The coach said it would be best to wait until the season was over to have it done. Thus, the LONG wait!!! Finally the last game approaches and she thinks she can finally have it done, only to find out her team is going to play in an additional tournament. So.....she has to wait another week.
FINALLY the day arrived, TODAY!!!! We were going to go tomorrow night but our schedule became free so we did it a day earlier. She is so happy that it is done, although it hurt more than she thought it would. She was very brave and didn't hesitate at all once we got to Claire's. I'm so proud of her!!!
| I took this picture right before they did the first ear. She was terrified but wasn't going to back down. She was so brave!!! |
Both ears are done. She said it hurt and teared up a little but she did a great job.
Later.....at home. She's definitely feeling better now and keeps telling me how happy she is.
I can't believe my baby is growing up!!! Double digits one week from today.


They look great! Love you, sweet girl!!
ReplyDelete