We kicked off our Christmas season today by decorating Gingerbread houses. This is a tradition we've had since Juliana was two years old, so 7 years!!!! We make the gingerbread houses using Pampered Chef molds and let the kids have a heyday decorating them. It is a lot of fun. We combined it with a brunch this year and invited some families over to decorate houses as well. We were able to make two houses for each family to decorate. They had a great time and turned out really well. We love this time of the year and especially love all the time we get to spend together!

Gerrit saves the day! I had made enough pieces for 10 gingerbread houses the day before, or so I thought. We had assembled two houses when I realized I was one house short. So....Gerrit assembled all the houses by himself while I whipped up another batch of Gingerbread! I love this man!!!

All the candy and marshmallows waiting to go on the gingerbread houses. Amazingly enough, almost all of it was used!

The 'Gingerbread Village' waiting to be decorated!

Jackson has big plans for this gingerbread house. He's been thinking of it for the past three days!

Juliana also has big plans for her house. She's made her first wreath for the front door!

Jackson and Dad let their creative juices flow.

Juliana and my friend Ginger. Ginger's boys lost interest pretty quickly so she got to make her's extra pretty. (To be fair, her boys are two and playing with trains was much more exciting!)

Putting some finishing touches on Jackson's house....per his instructions, of course.

Juliana's house is coming along. She's so meticulous and pretty much a perfectionist. Love this girl!

Some of the finished houses.

Juliana had to add a couple things after everyone left.

Jackson's house. He can be such a ham! Love this guy!

I think Jackson is doing a happy dance!

This is what it's all about! It may have taken 5 hours to bake the houses and another couple hours to make icing and assemble the houses. Thanks to everyone who participated for making it such a great day!
Looks like a fun time! They all look great!
ReplyDeleteWow - what an endeavor! It looks like so much fun! Now the question is, how long will they last? :)
ReplyDeleteThey actually last til we throw them out in January. They put so much time and effort into decorating that they don't want to eat the stuff. :) It's a lot of fun!!!
ReplyDelete