On the way home from Houston, we stopped at the Sam Houston National Park. I would like to say we stopped to teach the kids, and ourselves, more about Texas History. However, that's not the case. We stopped because we needed to use the restroom. It was nice to find out more about Sam. Sam Houston was the first president of the Republic of Texas. He was also Governor of Texas at one time and a congressman. The statues were done by the Mason organization seeing as he was a Grand Master. The kids were more interested in his nose, as you'll see in the following pictures.
Jackson picking Sam's nose.
Juliana and Jackson picking this poor man's nose.
This is a tall statue that can be seen from the highway. I guess Texans are very proud of Sam Houston.
I asked J and Jax to stand together and look like they loved each other for this picture. They are great kids and we had a lot of fun on our vacation!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment