Saturday, July 9, 2011

Turner Falls, Oklahoma

Memorial Day we set off for Turner Falls, OK.  It was the perfect distance for a day trip.  It takes about 2 hours to get there from our home.  We had a great day!!!  There were trails to hike and a river to wade and swim in.  There were two lakes for swimming and water falls.  We did our hike early that morning before it got too hot.  Then, spent the rest of the day swimming and checking out the old castle.

 Jackson showing off his muscles.
 Swimming in the lake!
 Gerrit lookin cool on the shore.
 The big water slide.  Juliana loved this slide.  She kept doing it over and over.  There was a 6 foot drop at the end and she had so much fun.  The water was really deep there. 
 Jackson's third attempt to go off the diving board.  He hadn't had his swim lessons yet so he was a little timid.  Maybe next time he'll go off. 
 Juliana showing no fear with the diving board.  She was doing flips and cannon balls galore!


 The Falls!
 Wish I had one of these at home!!!



 I'm sure this was  a lovely room once upon a time.....



The one good, non silly picture I got all day!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Tell J I'm not sure I would do that slide! Way to go! Looks like a beautiful place. I LOVE Jax's pic with his mouth open! Cute, cute kids! It makes me miss you even more than I already do...

    ReplyDelete