Thursday, March 22, 2012

Playing Catch Up

So....you may be wondering what we've been up to this year.  I guess I took a long break from blogging.  Here are some updates...

Gerrit

Gerrit has been doing well.  After getting back from North Dakota, he was an assistant coach for Jackson's indoor soccer team.  I'd love to say we really enjoyed indoor soccer but that would not be true.  It was a very long season and we were very glad it was over!!! 

Gerrit also changed jobs recently.  He now works for CA (Computer Associates).  The job is still in the Dallas area and about 10 minutes closer to home than his former job. 

He is doing well and staying out of trouble, for the most part. 

Stacy

Not too much to update here.  Upon returning from North Dakota, I joined Weight Watchers and decided to go to meetings this time, as well as use the online tools.  I also started a new exercise program called Turbo Fire!  I love it!!!  I am on week 9 and have lost 24 pounds and 15 overall inches.  It's a really great feeling and I am going to stick with it this time.  (Especially since I just put it on my blog so everyone knows now.)

Juliana

Juliana didn't play any sports over the winter.  However, soccer is now back on in Friso.  She is playing on the Comets again and really doing a good job.  She plays right forward and may score a goal this season.  One thing she is looking forward to is swimming for FAAST this summer.  FAAST is an ameteur swim team in Frisco.  She will have practices 4 days a week during the summer and swim meets on Saturdays.  She had to try out for the team and made it with flying colors.  We can't wait to see her strokes improve over the summer as she competes. 

Juliana is still quite the artist and is becoming a little cook.  For career day at school she dressed as a cupcake maker.  This summer we are going to experiment with cupcake decorating and baking.  She continues to do well in school and is still making A Honor roll each quarter. 

We're so proud of her and the young lady she is becoming.

Juliana made grasshoppers on logs for our Super Bowl party. 

Jackson

Jackson has been pretty busy.  Not only has he done really well in school, he played an extra season of soccer this past winter.  It was indoor soccer and he was not too happy about it.  He played his best and did a good job nonetheless.  He is not HAPPILY playing outdoor soccer and is a great little defender.  He is fast and is very good at figuring out where the opposing players are going with the ball.  Jackson's team name is now Toxic Ninjas and his number is 99. 

Jackson's coach does running drills with the boys every few months and the latest one was last night.  Jackson ran a mile in 8 minutes, 40 seconds.  He has a long stride, despite his shorter legs, and is really fast.  He loves it and is our little energizer bunny. 

Jackson is also quite the ladies man.  He flirts with the girls in his primary class and at school.  He is looking forward to getting baptized in October.  We love our little man!!!
The cats love sleeping with Jackson at night.  They curl up by him and snore the night away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment