I really wish I had taken more pictures in North Carolina. We did so much. We went to eat BBQ with my dad, visited close friends. I had a girls night with some of my best pals and had good Mexican food, not Tex Mex! I had a pedi with my best friend Laurie and had crab dip at Village Tavern. I had movie night with my other bestie, Betsy. Gerrit took Julina and Jackson and two of their friends to see a movie. Juliana played with her best friend Alyssa for three days straight and was delighted to have two sleepovers. (We don't allow them anymore here in TX.) We went to Grandfather Mountain and had breakfast with my dad, stepmother and stepbrother and family. It was such a full 3 1/2 days. From the whole vacation, my only regret is not having one or two more days here. I love you all and thank you for taking time out to visit with us.
Juliana and Alyssa. They've only been best friends since they were one year olds. Juliana had a hard time leaving friends and family along the way but realized it's better to have fun times and be a little sad when you leave, to not have had them at all.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Chocolate Glazed with Sprinkles. The best!!!
Juliana and Jackson with cousins, Laith and Thomas.
My dad and me. Love this big guy!
Jackson with cousin Zach.
Saturday came all too soon, and it was time to get in the car, yet again, and drive back to Grandma's house in Delaware. Thank goodness my kids are such good travelers. All in all, we spent about 40 hours in the car over a two week period. It was worth it!
On the way up to Delaware, we stopped in Richmond, VA to visit some dear friends from our NC days. It was so good to see Brad and Julie. They are one of the families responsible for taking me under thier wing and helping me know what a family really is. They are also responsible for teaching me about the gospel and making sure I got ahead in the world. I love you guys and am thankful for your generosity and kindness.
Jackson and Juliana with Julie and Brad.


What a fun trip!
ReplyDelete