Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Taking care of myself....

So......January 2012, I had just come home from visiting family and sat down to look at pictures from the trip.  Much to my surprise, I didn't recognize the woman in the pictures.  I was so disappointed in myself.  I had talked a bit with my sister-in-law about re-joining Weight Watchers and doing the program together while we visited.  After seeing the pictures, I was committed.  I knew I had to do something to change.  I wanted to be healthy for my family and someone we all could be proud of.  My daughter was entering her pre-teen stage and I wanted to be able to teach her the importance of taking care of herself.  I knew I needed help. 
 
I had tried Weight Watchers Online in the past and lost a little weight, but gained it all back, plus more.  I decided I would not be successful without the weekly meetings.  January 17, 2012, I attended my first meeting.  I know some people have to go to more than one meeting/leader to find the right fit, but I knew that day I was where I needed to be.  My leader spoke to me and I knew with her help, and the support of the people there, I could do it!  At the end of the meeting, she asked us to think of one small change we could make that week.  I decided to not eat fast food for an entire week.  Amazingly, I was able to accomplish that goal and lost 4lbs my first week.  It gave me the confidence to continue my journey. 
 
I won't say it's been easy all the time and I lost tons of weight every week from that time forward.  This has been a journey of self enlightenment and testing myself.  I have learned so much.  I have learned that I am beautiful inside and out.  I have a confidence now that I have never had.  I can do things I forgot I enjoyed.  I jumped on the trampoline with my children.  I had not done that in years.  I have found my inner athlete.  I started with Turbo Fire, moved on to Insanity and last August, I began to run.  I LOVE running.  I won't say I have the drive to run marathons or anything of that nature, but I do love going out and clearing my head with a good run.  I have also learned that food does not control me.  It still tries (and succeeds) at times, but not like before. 
 
I have lost 101.4lbs, and 60 inches as of 6/11/2013.  That is an average of 1.4lbs a week.  I feel so good!!!  I am so proud of what I've accomplished.  I still have a little ways to go to accomplish my goal but I know I can do it!!!  Thanks to all of you for your support through this process.  I couldn't have done it without you all. 
 
 Before starting Weight Watchers, July 2011. 
 At the beach last summer with the kids.  I had lost about 50lbs at this point. 
 Last week at the beach with the kids.  I have lost 101.4 now. 
 At Bluebell with Jackson.  I actually like having my picture taken now.  Everyone will know I was on the trip too. 



6 comments:

  1. Stacy, you are amazing and I admire your commitment to this! Congrats on all of your hard work. I know it takes a lot of discipline to accomplish this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so amazing! I'm proud of you and your dedication to sticking to the program. Congratulations - I know you will have no trouble meeting your goal. You're an inspiration! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I don't know if I'd ever have gotten back on WW without talking with you and our weekly check ins. I am so happy you are my sister!!! You are amazing. Love you!

      Delete
  3. Stacy you are SO inspiring & motivating!!! Way to go - what a huge accomplishment! You are so beautiful and I'm so glad you can see it and recognize that. I am so incredibly amazed at your efforts and proud of YOU. Lots of hugs from Utah!
    -Candace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that this brought me to tears? You are so amazing, inspiring, wonderful! I am so thankful to know you and the incredible person you are. Congratulations on all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete