Monday, June 13, 2011

Snowy Surprise


Well....I am way behind on blogging. Thanks to my sister-in law, Steph, I am inspired to get caught up. So, here goes!
For the second winter in a row, we had snow this past winter here in Dallas. The kids were a bit disappointed that we didn't have another white Christmas. However, mother nature delivered plenty of ice and snow to keep the kids out of school for 4 days straight this winter. I think the city of Little Elm owns maybe 1 snow plow. We basically have to wait until it melts to get out. Fun times. The kids were thrilled and had a great time. Jackson wants to live with his Aunt Steph during the winter because he loves snow so much. (She lives in North Dakota!) Juliana loves it also. They're so much fun to watch. We also love making hot chocolate in our hot cocoa maker. So glad we can use it at least once a year.


Our street was pretty much solid ice for 3 days. Good thing Gerrit can work from home. He converted our closet into his office. Fun stuff!
This was our very first snow. Just a dusting. It started while we were in the 3rd hour of church and continued for a while. It was just powdery and pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the updates! You know I would love to have the kids anytime, snow or no snow! I can't believe how grown up they are...we miss and love you very much.

    ReplyDelete